Thursday, September 22, 2005

Florida "Wolf"



This is Samson. He used to live across the street from us, but he looks like he would be more at home in Alaska. He looked like a big furry white wolf. He was terrified of Florida thunderstorms and could jump a 6 foot privacy fence when he was afraid. When there would be a storm I would call the owners at work warn them that Samson was afraid again. One day he chewed up my screen door during a storm and when my young son opened the door to see what was happening Samson pushed his muddy, wet self into my house. He trashed my house with mud and water and finally ended up in my bedroom closet and wouldn't come out because he was afraid of the storm. My older son was able to drag him out of the closet and put him on our back porch. He was still so afraid that he ripped up our back screen door and escaped. We are animal lovers and Samson was a sweet 160 pound dog when he wasn't going crazy during a storm. His owner was kind enough to repair our doors and help us clean up the house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like Winn Dixie! Have you seen the movie,or read the book? He gets scared in storms and goes bezerk too!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Theresa,
No, I haven't seen that movie yet, but thought it would be cute. My dog looks a lot like the dog in the movie.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home