Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Rods!



I missed a day of blogging because we went to Daytona Beach. It is the week of the Turkey Rod Run which is a huge old car show that takes over the town. Everywhere you look there are old classic cars from the 20's to the 90's. It is a history of cars. We stopped at a shopping center that was packed with old cars on display. There was no where to park. We finally found a spot and took a look at hundreds of old cars. I found this one that is a lot like my very first car, a Chevy Impala. Mine was red too, but didn't look as nice as this one. My kids can't believe that I once drove a cool car. Back in the 70's a car from the 60's wasn't as impressive as it is today.

Take a look at the link below to find out more about Daytona's Turkey Run.


www.turkeyrun.com

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I remember the Impala! A bit darker red than that one, wasn't it?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yes, it had a variety of shades of red on it including a few white spots. LOL

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home