Sunday, June 24, 2007

Scotland tour



I know it has been a loooooong time since I added pictures to this blog. I guess I was running out of Florida ideas. I also have been busy working on another blog that I use for homeschooling ideas.

Well, I have many more pictures to share now. My daughter just returned from a 10 day trip to London and Scotland. Last year I took a few weeks to share our trip to New York and Philadelphia so I thought it would be okay to share some of the beautiful pictures she took on her trip even though they are not exactly Florida pictures. She had a great time and took some really nice pictures.

This picture is from "new" extension of the abbey in Dunfermline, Scotland. It is "new" as in the 1800's. With so much history is Great Britain anything from the 1800's is still refered to as "new". LOL

If you look closely at the top of this abbey you will see the words "Bruce King". If you walk to the other side you can read "King Robert the Bruce". He is a very famous king in Scotland who helped to fight for Scotland's independence from England in the 1300's.

To read and learn more click this link:

www.dunfermlineabbey.co.uk/index.php?ID=1853&CATEGORY=4-History

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Scotland has been on my 'to visit' list for a while now, but the UK is just too expensive to spend a lot of time in.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home