Sunday, May 28, 2006

Raccoon



We don't see many raccoons anymore in our neighborhood, but this little guy or girl was enjoying our neighbor's grapefruit this week. It was funny to watch. He bit a hole in the top of a grapefruit on the ground large enough to stick a hand in. Then he stuck his hand in the hole to get the fruit out. After eating enough grapefruit he climbed up the tree and stayed there for hours. We checked a few times to see if he was still there, but he waited until long after dark to climb down and go home. We were surprised to see a racoon out in the daytime.

1 Comments:

Blogger TropicRedbird said...

Cute picture! I saw (for the first time) a raccoon in a tree this weekend! We went to Niagara Falls, and while I was sitting on a bench waiting for the firework show to begin, I saw a "cat" in a tree. I said "Here kitty kitty!" as I grabbed up all my stuff and proceeded to call this kitty. As I got close enough, I discovered it was a raccoon in the tree, but could not get my camera out fast enough as he quickly climbed down. Bummer, if the lighting had been better, I would have seen my booboo ahead of time and had camera on and ready to shoot !!!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home